Sunday, June 01, 2008

Jesus is our greatest gift

I'm a few days late in posting this but I need to show this awesome day we had at church. June 1st was Children's Day. I don't know the story behind it but it's a day they celebrate here in Mozambique and I know they do it in Brazil but on October 12th. We had over 300 kids at service that morning. The kids know we always do something special for them whenever we can so they once again figured us out and invited everybody they knew. Carol taught them about the greatest gift they could ever receive, Jesus. The thing that encourages me so much is that all the hard work that goes into working with kids is worth it, because God is planting in them an eternal seed that will one day grow and produce fruit that will fill this nation with the Gospel of Jesus.

















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

goodness i miss everything so much! i cried looking at the pictures! haha. im praying for you guys. yall are the cats pajamas. love u and miss u guys!

Bryan and Karen said...

We miss you two so much and are so proud of you and the work you are doing. We love you.

Joseph & Cheri LeBlanc said...

I pray strength and health on both of you. How awesome to see the lives you are directly touching for Christ.

The Youngs said...

so awesome!! so exciting for you guys!! these kids are so lucky to have you!! we miss you guys and love you!!

JordanGautreau said...

Dang. I've been missing ya'll alot the last week or so. I'm glad everything is going well...hope i get to go back next year.

Elysa said...

OMGOSH!!! That photo of girl holding the littler girl in blue is just about one of the sweetest photos I have ever seen. ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!

I found out about your blog thru the CC website. I'm participating in the FORTY DAYS OF PRAYER. I'm a former missionary to Swaziland so I'm very keen on what CC is doing there. I was able to visit two of their Manzini carepoints back in January.

I've featured your blog url at my blog. Hoping it'll raise even more prayer support.

Thanks for all you are doing.

With Grace,
Elysa