Thursday, October 27, 2005

Focus

Every day life seems to pick up its pace. I tend to get busier and do more things during a day. Life is just getting more hectic with more things to do and more things to distract me. I work in ministry full time. The same thing can happen in the church. I tend to get busy with a lot of stuff. Do this, do that, plan this plan, plan that; work in the office all day long. I can do all these things and call it ministry, but where's my focus. Sometimes I need to remember the basics. What's ministry? What does it mean to work for God? When things seem to be overwhelming me I need to keep my focus. It's not what I do, it's about people. There are lives that God wants to change. There are lives that God wants to touch. There are people that God wants as His children. And my focus should be on God, to listen to what He is saying. To listen to the Holy Spirit when He is telling me to go talk to somebody in need. To be available for God's use.

1 comment:

danohlerking said...

dude, you're so right on - focus, focus, focus. that's the only way to be sure that we're doing our assignment.

it is a constant pursuit to define the target and steer our lives toward that target. just like with a car, you can't set your course then let go of the steering wheel, it is a constant demand of our attention to stay on the road and out of the ditch.

nice post, buddy.